March 05, 2009

The Joys of Children

"The Joys of Children" tells about what many parents and grandparents have experienced; the love of a child as expressed in a hand-created treasure.(click on photo for larger) This was a jewelry stand that then 8-year old Chance made for me for Christmas, 2005. The labor of love is so evident in the amount of detail he put into it. I had to preserve it for posterity and give it the most elegant display I could create--my tribute of appreciation to him for his efforts. I tried to make it look like one of those "Tiffany-like" ads you see in glossy fashion magazines. I think I captured the "ambience" with the added touch of a picture of Chance at the age of the work. Thank you, my sweet grandson. I will cherish this gift always. With you, I am truly witness to "The Joys of Children".

No comments: